Safeheron Fortnite Dispatch｜Feb 12 '23
- Security firm Unciphered reveals the potential vulnerability in hardware wallet OneKey, and OneKey has officially updated the security patch.
- The decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem saw a surge in hacks in 2022, with the total value of stolen funds surpassing $6 billion, according to data from crypto data analyst Kofi, a contributor at DefiLlama.
- Coincover, a provider of protection and insurance for digital assets, has raised $30 million in a funding round, led by Silicon Valley investment firm Foundation Capital.
- Switzerland-based Backed Finance launched a tokenized version of a BlackRock ETF called bCSPX which runs on Ethereum and as an ERC-20 token.
- Ant Group, Baidu, China Construction Bank and other Chinese companies are listed on Forbes Blockchain 50 2023.
- Ethereum Foundation will launch Shapella upgrade to support withdrawals soon, and public test network Sepolia is scheduled for Feb. 28.
- Algorand will drive Web3 adoption in India through key partnerships with several educational institutions and schools.
- The Bank for International Settlements (BIS), the association of the world’s central banks, is spearheading the development of a monitoring system for stablecoins to ensure issuers maintain adequate reserves.
- South Korea announced its first independent sanctions related to cryptocurrency thefts and cyberattacks against specific North Korean groups and individuals.
- India's law enforcement agency, Enforcement Directorate (ED) revealed that as of January 31, 2023, proceeds of crime amounting to ₹936 crore have been attached/seized/freezed and 5 persons have been arrested.
- Dubai’s crypto regulator has published its eagerly-anticipated regulations for the local industry, including an effective ban on anonymity-focused digital assets known as privacy coins such as ZEC and XMR etc..
- Binance and the National Bank of Kazakhstan have today presented a bilateral report on the State of the Digital Assets Industry and DeFi in Central Asia. The report’s presentation was delivered at the “Digital Almaty 2023” forum.
- Three months after crypto exchange FTX collapsed, Argentina’s government is weighing creating oversight requirements on crypto companies.